Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm thinking...

Holy Smokes two posts in one week!! I am on a roll

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately...I know SHOCKING!


Anyways I have realized that I am pretty self absorbed in my life right now. That may sound bad which in some ways it is but in other ways it could be a good thing.

I was thinking about the events taking place around the world and how I have taken so many things for granite. I complain about not having my own house but at least I have a home. I complain about not making as much money as I think my family needs at this point but at least I have a job and I am making money. I complain about people that are driving me crazy but at least I know that they are alive, where they are and that I still love them. I complain about not having worldly processions but at least I still have possessions. I complain about how much doctor bills are but at least I have my health and a doctor to see. I am not necessarily relating this to the situation in Haiti but just to the world in general. There are people who have less than I do at this point in time and yet I still complain.

I think once in a while it is a good thing to take a step back and count your blessings.

With that said I am still frustrated and stressed out about our current living situation and they way things are going. But I am still thankful for what I do have.

P.S. I have posted a tutorial on how to make a cute little post-it holder and pen on my other blog. It really is super easy but if you are confused let me know.

1 comment:

Wendy Lady said...

Yay for 2 posts!! And this post is something I really needed to read right now, so thank you for that.