Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yummy!

Because I am so ready for fall I decided to make one of my favorite fall recipes:

Apple Crisp!
Photobucket

I decided to share the recipe with all of you that read this...... all three of you. This recipe does not have oats because Adam is not a big fan but it is still a great recipe. I can't remember where I found it but it has been tweaked a little to my liking.



APPLE CRISP

4 cups peeled and sliced apples ( I prefer the tartness of Granny Smith)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cups flour


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
Place apples in prepared dish. Pour water over apples.
In a bowl cream together sugars and butter. Add Vanilla.
Blend in flour and cinnamon.
Spinkle mixture evenly over apples.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until apples are tender and crust is golden.


I like to let mine sit for about 10 minutes before eating.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or just plain.
Easy right?


P.S. this will make your home smell so yummy while it is cooking.

Enjoy and welcome Fall!!

2 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

I'm horrible with cooking/baking....I don't know why, it's like I'm cursed. Maybe I'll try this though and see how it goes, it looks like it would be really good!

Jen said...

I promise this recipe is really really easy! Just in case it doesn't work let me know and I will make you your own special batch and bring it to you. :)