Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What a Week!

So this is probably going to be a random post but what a crazy week this last week was.
So last Monday started out so nuts! I showed up at work at 8:00 and everyone was standing around outside a little odd I thought so I parked my car and walked over to my friend and saw the cop car. I asked what was going on and it turned out there was a bomb threat that had been called in that morning shortly before I got there. No one was allowed in the building and the bomb squad has been called to check things out. We were told we probably wouldn't be allowed back in for a couple of hours. I work for a mortgage company and we have until 2 pm to get our loans funded so that kind of put a wrench in things. A couple of my friends from work and I headed out for breakfast while we waited for them to check the building. About an hour later we started to set up at one of our branches to try and get through some files, when we got the all clear from the bomb squad. Like we really wanted to go back in the building after that but we did go back to work. We then had about two hours to do 109 loans. That was a long day.
Tuesday was pretty uneventful.
Then came Wednesday. Wednesday was the last day of the month and for any of you that know anything about mortgages and closing you know month end is crazy! Everyone is trying to get their loan funded at the end of the month because it gives the borrower less interest days and a whole month to live in their home before they have to make their first payment so needless to say it is a crazy day. We had 170 loans to do, luckily there were no bomb threats or anything else. But we had a lot of messy loans and were extremely busy. I didn't leave my desk, unless it was to go to the printer, for 6 hours. Our company usually buys the funding department lunch on month end because we can't leave our desks, this month no lunch! So we were starving and I hadn't peed in 6 hours ( I know TMI)
I hate having month end in the middle of the week it makes for a long end of the week. That evening I had Young Women's. It was an activity that was only supposed to last about an hour.....hahaha the activity ended up lasting 2 1/2 hours. I was exhausted.
Thursday was uneventful.
Friday at 10:00 all of our systems went down so no e-mail in or out and lots of crossing of fingers that we could get a few files funded. They still did not have the system up when we left Friday.
What a loooong and tiring week. I will have to post about my weekend later but that was my week last week and I am happy it is over!

No comments: