Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This is a little late

I know I am a little late but I feel like this has been the first time I have been able to catch my breath in a few days.
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!! We had a nice day with Adam's family and then visited my family that evening. I need to get better at taking pictures because I have no pictures to go with this post. Maybe that should be my new goal?
After being sick on Tuesday Adam and I were feeling much better on Wednesday which was a good thing because I was supposed to make pies for Thanksgiving that night. I ended up making a delicious pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust and a banana cream pie with Nilla wafer crust. Yummy! I am not a big plain pumpkin pie fan that is why I made a pumpkin cheesecake.
Then Friday we did go shopping. We did not get up at 3:00, since we had been sick we decided we had better sleep a little so we left the house at about 6:45 am which was great we were able to get lots of good stuff at great prices with out the crazy lines and crazy shoppers. Did any of you go shopping? What kind of deals did you get? I finished almost everyone on my list except Adam.
Can I just say how stressful December is? I love this time of year like I said in my last post....lots of good treats, good shows and great music. However, we have four birthdays plus Christmas so that adds to a lot of stress. Our birthday extravaganza starts next Monday and continues on the 16th, 18th and 26th. Ugh! Most of our birthdays are fairly easy for our first birthday she is getting a gift card. What is it with this time of year that people think they should get everything when they want it? I truely am one of those people who would rather get the perfect present for someone and see their reaction than get something for myself.
Anyways I guess I will wrap up with what I am thankful for:

I am thankful I have a job that helps pay the bills and I enjoy most of the time
I am thankful for family and spending time with them
I am thankful to have my health
I am thankful for my hubby who puts up with my crazy moods and loves me unconditionally
I am thankful for my friends, they make the world go around
I am thankful for sweets: cinnamon almonds, chocolate cherries, chocolate oranges mmmmm!

Well I better get back to work.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments: