Tuesday, August 18, 2009

All across the state.....


For our three year anniversary this last week Adam and I decided to take off a whole week from work together. Let me tell you it was a much needed break. No house full of in laws, no messes or stresses from work, just me and my hubby doing what ever we want. We went from one end of the state to the other....at least it felt like it.

We started out by going up to Park City on Saturday night. We went shopping at the Outlet Stores, walked a little Main Street and then realized it was 9:00 and we were hungry. We stopped at a little place on Main Street, nothing fancy but boy was it good.

Then we went back to our hotel and crashed!

Sunday we got up had our Mrs. Fields cookies, that we bought at the outlet stores, for breakfast. Yummy :) We then headed over to the Olympic Park. It was really fun to watch the ski jumpers practice in the pool. Unfortunately we forgot our camera so you will have to settle for iPhone photos. We got way too much sun and of course didn't wear sunscreen so I had a nice sunburn with a necklace imprint to go with it.
Photobucket Ski Jumpers

Photobucket Photobucket It says take a picture here so my silly hubby did.

After that we went to ride the Alpine Slides. It was a blast except for the fact that Adam crashed and burned and let me tell you those slides are not forgiving he has friction burns on his arm, leg and wrist. Even with his crash he still managed to beat me!

After that we rode the Alpine Coaster, if you have never been on it, it is definitely a must. It is a metal track with cars that you have control on how fast or slow you go. Poor Adam always gets stuck behind someone slow and no it is not me.

Photobucket Photobucket
We walked Main Street a little more. We had Lunch at the Red Banjo Pizza Parlor.....yum. I had to stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and get a frozen banana and a carmel Apple. This was my vacation after all and I was going to eat what ever I wanted.

Monday we headed back home to re-pack so we could head up to Logan to the Anniversary Inn. We could have gone to one of the places in Salt Lake but we wanted a change of scenery. Besides they have redone all of their rooms and they had My Comfort gel beds.....it was like sleeping on a cloud.                                                                                                        Photobucket  Photobucket                   
               Our room The Taj Mahal



We drove home from Logan on Tuesday Afternoon and Wednesday we just hung around town and got things packed up so we could meet Adam's family in Manti for camping. We left for camping on Thursday morning. Manti was beautiful and you could see the temple from our camp site which was pretty cool. It was nice weather and not too bad spending more time with the in laws. We went on Thursday night into town to have pizza and go see Harry Potter at the drive inn. It was lots of fun.
Photobucket
Saturday we headed home and then it was back to work on Monday.
Sorry for the long-winded post.Yay for you if you actually read the whole thing!
I think I need a vacation from my vacation. :)

1 comment:

Wendy Lady said...

Sounds like it was an awesome vacation, and happy anniversary!!! Mrs. Field's cookies for breakfast is the breakfast of champions, I promise.