Thursday, August 5, 2010

In memory of my beautiful Grandma










Wanda S. Eaby We'll Miss You Wanda S. Eaby, our loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother passed away July 31, 2010 at the age of 80. Wanda was born in Malta, Idaho July 14, 1930 to James LaVell Scott and Hazel Lloyd Scott. She was the fourth in a family of four girls and one boy. The family moved to the Salt Lake area in 1943. Mom married her sweetheart Dave in 1950. They had 52 years together before he passed in 2002. Wanda and Dave were active members of the Moose Lodge where they went dancing nearly every Saturday night. They had two children, Keith Eaby and Jolene (Gene) Hunter. Wanda was an avid Jazz fan and would "cuss and discuss" the games with anyone who would listen. Wanda had a special place in her heart for all the little ones in her neighborhood and she was their special friend. She and her bottomless candy dish will be greatly missed. But the ones closest to her heart were her three granddaughters: Christina (Kirby) Leavitt, Jennifer (Adam) Nicholes and Kellie Hunter and her three great-grand daughters: Alexandra, Elisabeth and Rebecca Leavitt. She was able to see two of her granddaughters married. Mom is now dancing with Dad again and free of her pain. Preceded in death by parents, husband and siblings. Survived by children, three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. A special thanks to Symbii Hospice and Hazen Care Center who were so kind and helpful to us and Mom. Graveside services will be Friday August 6, 2010 at 11 a.m. at Mountain View Memorial Cemetery (3115 E. Bengal Blvd., Cottonwood Heights). There will be a viewing from 10-11a.m. before the service. 


I am happy that my Grandma is free from her Cancer and that she is back with my Grandpa again. It is still hard and sad to think that she is really gone. My grandma was there for EVERY important event in my life, from school plays, to graduation and my wedding. She has always been there and I am so sad that she is gone, but I know she is back in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father. My grandparents temple work was not done so this will give us the opportunity to make sure her and my Grandpa will be together forever, so I guess out of our sadness there is some silver lining. Good bye Grandma you will for sure be missed. I may share some memories of my grandma soon. 





Photobucket

1 comment:

Kesia said...

We love you Jen. Sorry for your loss of sweet grandma. She sounds amazing!